KCC currently has an opening for the Youth Minister position.
If you would like to apply please fill out this online application and email an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Minister Job Description
Report to: Senior Minister
Direct reports: Volunteers in the youth area and summer interns when applicable
- Responsible for ministry to all youth 6th grade through 12th grade in the church.
- Develop age appropriate ministries to reach all the youth in the church.
- Select appropriate curriculum for youth programs.
- Recruit, select, train, and lead volunteers in the youth ministry area.
- Organize youth trips and events considering safety and spiritual growth as the two top priorities.
- Plan, schedule, and organize youth meetings and leader meetings.
- Develop student leaders.
- Follow up with youth who visit the church.
- Develop and implement events that will reach out to the youth of the community.
- Create and implement a cohesive plan for service and mission in the local community, nation, and world.
- Serve as a secondary communicator in all services, preaching approximately six weekends per year.
- Communicate the overall vision, goals and strategy of the youth and young adult ministries to the parents and church.
- Partner with parents to help them realize God’s dream for their child with the goal to produce youth who are authentic disciples of Christ reaching others for Christ with the purpose of evangelism and discipleship.
- Assist the Senior Minister in the implementation of the vision and goals for the ministry of KCC.
- Assist the other ministers in providing care to the congregation.
- Utilize natural and spiritual gifts for the maximum impact on the whole congregation.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the Senior Minister.