“We are a people leading others to know our Lord Jesus Christ, loving and following Him.”
Our mission is based on three key scriptures:
1. “Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” John 17:3
2. The Great Commandment: “Jesus said, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart…soul…and mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.'” Matthew 22:36-40
3. The Great Commission: “Jesus said, ‘Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19,20
“Christ Inspired” that we see from the book of Mark is:
- Knowing God’s Word. Jesus taught in the synagogue from the books of the law and presumably the prophets and poetry in such a way that people were amazed at his teaching.
- Being in a discipleship relationship. Jesus had his group of 12 but also his smaller group of three that he discipled while he was ministering on earth. In these discipleship relationships he asked deep, probing questions, and challenged the men he was discipling.
- Showing compassion. When Jesus went into a village or among a group of people, the Bible tells us he had compassion on the people and stopped to heal them.
- Live sacrificially. Jesus gave the ultimate sacrifice of his life for ours. How can we live in such a way as to live for Jesus as opposed to living for ourselves?